This City & Guilds accredited course intends to ‘up-skill’ those working with the fabric of the building. This will give knowledge and understanding in relation to the checking of fire stopping and compartmentation arrangements with respect of fire safety. This is in accordance with the requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order, HTM 05-02/3 and the respective fire safety protocol. Upon completion, you will be issued with a City & Guilds accredited certificate of achievement.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course has been designed for healthcare/estates engineers and other personnel. The delegate will gain sufficient knowledge to ensure compartmentation and structural fire safety is not compromised during and after work has been carried out, therefore maintaining compliance with all regulatory and guidance requirements.
Key Learning Areas
- Legal requirements for fire stopping and compartmentation
- Identify how fire compartmentation is established within buildings
- Installation requirements of penetration sealing systems
- Typical types of penetration and their respective fire stopping arrangements
- Fire stopping performance and typical defects
- Typical installation and maintenance requirements of fire stopping systems.
- Cavity barriers, fire curtains and smoke barriers
This course is run over 1 days.
Everything is provided for the course duration