This City & Guilds course will provide you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to inspect and test fundamental installations and to conduct the initial verification.
Who is the course aimed at?
This is aimed at practising electricians who have not carried out inspection and testing since qualifying, or who require some updated training. It is also suitable for those with limited experience of inspection and testing of electrical installations who wish to develop their skills in this area.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Requirements for inspecting, testing and recording installations
- Requirements for completing an initial verification
- Requirements for testing before circuits are energised
- Testing of energised installations
- Interpretation of test results
- Requirements for completion of electrical installation certificate
- Assessment incorporates an online exam and a practical assessment
This course is run over 4 days.
Books / Manuals – You are permitted to bring the following book(s) into the exam: IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition (BS7671:2018) Blue Book, IET On-site Guide PIET SG18 18th Edition, IET Guidance Note 3: Inspection and Testing 18th Edition (we can provide working copies for use during the course), Photographic ID – This can be in the form of: Passport, Driving Licence, CSCS Card, Work ID Card, Trade Union Card, Proof of Age Card
18th Edition Wiring Regulations
Background knowledge or experience working within an electrical role