This course is designed for suitably qualified electrically trained delegates who seek appointment as High Voltage Authorised Person .
Delegates will acquire the essential knowledge to carry out Authorised Person HV duties and maintain compliance with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and HTM 06-03.
• Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
• HTM 06-03 Safety Rules and Procedures.
• High Voltage equipment including switchgear and transformers.
• Substation operation and maintenance.
• High Voltage (HV) Distribution systems, ring and radial system operation.
• High Voltage (HV) Protection including:
o HRC Fuses,
o Time limit fuses,
o Common Relays.
• Completion of records and documentation including:
o Permits to Work,
o Sanctions for Test,
o Limitations of Access.
• Identification and location of cables.
• Testing/commissioning of High Voltage (HV) electrical distribution equipment.
• Authorised Person (HV) roles and responsibilities.
The course concludes with a personal assessment and from this our training consultants will produce an individual pathway to ensure continuous Authorised Person (AP) appointment. The pathway document will be sent to the delegate’s Authorising Engineer (AE).
Benefits of the course
• Legislative compliance and understanding.
• Improved communication, documentation and enforcement of safe working procedure.
What do I need to bring to the course?
Nothing as a comprehensive set of hand outs will be issued during the course.
Duration of the course
This is a five-day course designed to be delivered virtually via Microsoft Teams software with a maximum of eight delegates.