Is this course for you?
This high voltage training course is for High Voltage Authorised Persons with responsibility for the application, commissioning or maintenance of electrical protective equipment used on high voltage electrical systems.
Through a mix of practical exercises and classroom theory at our training centre, we will provide you with theoretical and practical instruction on high voltage equipment protection systems utilising electronic, microprocessor and electro-mechanical devices.
During the course, you will interact with the HV equipment at our training centre. The setup is designed to simulate a realistic high voltage environment and you’ll be interacting with different protective high voltage devices during the course including mechanical, electromechanical and microprocessor-based relays.
A sound foundation of High Voltage (11kV) electrical knowledge is a prerequisite for this course.
This course is designed to give learners a theoretical and practical understanding of electrical protective equipment used on high voltage systems, whilst carrying out the duties of the Authorised Person, Responsible Person or Nominated Person.
- Demonstrate an understanding of statutory safety regulations relating to HV safe working practices
- Describe how fuse protection works
- Issue and cancel safety documents
- Describe how AC trip coils and time limit fuses work
- Calculate inverse definite minimum time settings
- Demonstrate the operation of HV protection systems
- Operate and understand how to maintain HV switchgear
- Identify high voltage grading
Eastwood Park Training Centre
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website.
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.
Price/payment* Any existing promotion is not applicable, please book directly through us