By following this City & Guilds accredited course you will gain an understanding of the duties and responsibilities of the nominated “responsible person” for the supervision, effective implementation and management of legionella risk assessments, remedial work and management of water systems to comply with Health Technical Memorandum 04-01.
As we understand that our training staff are a vital component of our training, all our remote learning courses are delivered live by one of our tutors through Zoom.
Who is the course aimed at?
For managers and staff who have responsibility within a healthcare environment to ensure adequate control measures are in place for the safe operation of hot and cold water systems.
Key Learning Objectives
- Legionellosis – background – medical aspects
- Legal implications
- ACOP and guidance on the control of legionella in water systems
- HTM 04-01-An insight into management requirements
- Implementation of the written scheme
- Water sampling and necessary actions
- Ensuring competency of staff, consultants and contractors
- Water systems disinfection requirements
- Management of logbook records
- Online course assessment
This course is run over 1 days.