This City & Guilds accredited course will provide an understanding of the duties and
responsibilities of the nominated Competent Responsible Person, within the Water Safety
Group, for the supervision, effective implementation and management of Legionella risk
assessments, remedial work and management of water systems to help comply with Scottish
Health Technical Memorandum 04-01.
Who is the course aimed at?
For members of the Water Safety Group who have responsibility within a healthcare
environment to ensure adequate control measures are in place for the safe operation of hot
and cold water systems.
Key Learning Areas
• Legionellosis – background – medical aspects
• Legal implications
• ACOP L8 and guidance on the control of legionella in water systems
• SHTM 04-01 – An insight into management requirements
• Water safety plan requirements
• Implementation of the written scheme
• Water sampling and necessary actions
• Ensuring competency of staff, consultants and contractors
• Water systems disinfection requirements
• Management of log book records
• Course assessment
1 day training course