Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at Engineer Surveyors undergoing training for the periodic thorough examination of lifts.
Enable Engineer Surveyors to complete the course of a high level of theoretical and practical instruction on lift theory and thorough examinations.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Apply safe working practices and procedures in a lift environment to the current legislative standards and guidance.
- Discuss the safety, legal and regulatory documentation relevant to lift inspections.
- Identify different sheave profiles and their operational characteristics
- Identify the discard criteria for ropes including identification of various problem areas
- Identify safety gear operation, brakes and unintended movement of the lift and areas of malfunction
- State the need and how to test low pressure detection on hydraulic lifts
- State the need and how to assess run-by and over-travel on lifts
- State the need for doors and door locks and how to assess their safe operation
- Define the term competent person in accordance with LOLER.
- Carry out lift inspections on various lift installations in accordance with LOLER and SAFed.
- Describe the basic theory of control systems including, circuit diagrams, basic fault finding and resets.
- State the need for thorough examinations of lifts
- Carry out thorough examinations on selected lifts in accordance with LOLER and SAFed
The course combines formal classroom instruction with individual practice of the procedure and a written test. Overalls and hardhats will be required.
Eastwood Park Training
Accommodation on-site is available, please contact us for more information.
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website https://www.eastwoodparktraining.co.uk/courses/
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.