This course is designed for suitably qualified electrical staff seeking appointment as Low Voltage Competent Person (LVCP).
Delegates will acquire the essential knowledge to carry out Competent Person (CP) duties to HTM 06-02 and maintain compliance with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
• Effects of current on the body.
• Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
• HTM 06-02 Low Voltage (LV) safety rules and procedures.
• Authorised Person (AP) roles and responsibilities.
• Competent Person (CP) roles and responsibilities.
• The use of Safety Locks and Caution Signs.
• GS38 Test equipment.
• Self-isolation of equipment.
• Receipt of Permit to Work.
• Working on or near live equipment.
The course concludes with a multiple-choice question paper and one to one assessment, with the results made available to the delegate’s Authorised Person (AP).
Benefits of the Course
• Legislative compliance and understanding.
• Improved communication, documentation and enforcement of safe working procedures in line with HTM 06-02.
What do I need to bring on the course?
A comprehensive set of hand outs will be issued during the course. It may be beneficial to bring a copy of HTM 06-02 handbook.
Duration of the course?This is a two-day course designed to be delivered virtually via Microsoft Teams software with a maximum of eight delegates.
f you have any questions or queries please contact email@example.com