This course is designed for suitably qualified Electrically trained delegates seeking appointment as Low Voltage Authorised Person.
Delegates will acquire the essential knowledge to carry out Low Voltage Authorised Person duties to HTM 06-02 and maintain compliance with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
• Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
• HTM 06-02 Low Voltage Safety Rules and Procedures.
• Completion of records and documentation, including:
o Permits to Work,
o Limitations of Access.
• Authorised Person roles and responsibilities, and safe working procedures.
• Low Voltage distribution switchgear and equipment.
• Uninterruptible Power System design principles and safe working.
• Identification and location of cables.
• Earthing systems.
• Practical exercises designed to reinforce understanding.
The course concludes with a personal assessment of each delegate and from this, our training consultants will produce an individual pathway to achieve and maintain Authorised Person Authorisation. This document will be sent to the delegate’s Authorising Engineer (AE).
Benefits of the course:
• Legislative compliance and understanding.
• Improved communication, documentation and enforcement of safe working procedures in line with HTM 06-02.
What do I need to bring to the course?
A comprehensive set of hand outs will be issued during the course, but it may be beneficial to bring a copy of HTM 06-02.
Duration of the Course
This is a four-day course designed to be delivered virtually via Microsoft Teams software with a maximum of eight delegates.
This course is run virtually for 4 days over Microsoft Teams.
If you have any questions or queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org