The course is ideally suited for those with basic knowledge in biomedical engineering, medical instrumentation and supportive therapeutic and diagnostic medical equipment. This course is designed to bridge the gaps that often occur between academic knowledge and skills with the requirements of the actual work place. Learners will gain a good grasp of the principles of positive displacement infusion pumps and syringe drivers. This will enable them to be confident and fully understand the principles of operation of these devices within the healthcare environment. The course will enable learners to perform all the required electrical safety, performance and verification testing of positive displacement infusion pumps and syringe drivers.
This course is aimed at new entrants and existing technical staff to the healthcare sector who are involved in maintaining these devices.
To provide participants with the knowledge of the principles of positive displacement infusion pumps and syringe drivers, applications, and maintenance procedures.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe and apply knowledge of infection prevention and control within a clinical engineering environment
- Describe medical electrical safety with reference to BS EN IEC 62353
- Describe the principles and applications of infusion devices
- List hazards and alarm functions associated with infusion devices
- Perform electrical safety testing, verification, and performance testing on infusion devices, using specialist tools and test equipment
Accommodation on-site is available, please contact us for more information.
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website Our Courses – Eastwood Park Training
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.
Price/payment* Any existing promotion is not applicable, please book directly through us