Is this course for you?
This course is for learners who have previously attended medical gas pipeline systems training for Competent Persons and who now require updating on current guidance and best practice.
How often should I complete this refresher training?
HTM 02-01 recommends that refresher training is undertaken every three years.
The course will update the practising Competent Person’s knowledge of current guidance relating to medical gas pipeline systems.
- Identify potential hazards and adopt safe working procedures when working on piped medical gas systems
- Identify relevant medical gas cylinder colour codes
- Correctly use medical gas cylinders including cylinders on manifolds
- Correctly set up plant and manifolds as per HTM guidelines
- Carry out operational checks on pipeline systems as required to fulfil role
- Correctly service a range of medical gas terminal units
- Correctly calibrate pressure switches and set up alarm systems
- Provide competent assistance to the Authorised Person during the execution of engineering tests
- List the duties of a Competent Person in accordance with HTM 02
- Summarise the medical gas pipeline systems ‘Permit to Work’ scheme
- Carry out fluxless brazing to HTM 02 standards
- Perform all necessary tests on pipeline systems as required to fulfil role
- See also, Medical Gas Competent person MGPS (HTM 02) refresher (maintenance)
Trained CPs with sufficient experience may consider becoming an Authorised Person:
Eastwood Park Training Centre
Accommodation on-site is available, please contact us for more information.
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website. https://www.eastwoodparktraining.co.uk/courses/ Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.
Notes: Price/payment* Any existing promotion is not applicable, please book directly through us