Is this course for you ?
This course is for staff whose duties include the installation and maintenance of medical gas pipeline systems.
It is particularly relevant for those who are (or will be) designated Competent Persons in a healthcare organisation or are employees of contractors performing such works.
To enable learners to carry out the installation, commissioning and engineering tests which are designated to a Competent Person as set out in HTM 02-01 and to be aware of the dangers involved.
- Identify relevant medical gas cylinder colour codes
- Correctly service a range of medical gas terminal units
- Carry out fluxless brazing to HTM 02 standards
- Provide competent assistance to the Authorised Person during the execution of engineering tests
- List the duties of a Competent Person in accordance with HTM 02
- Identify potential hazards and adopt safe working procedures when working on piped medical gas systems
- Summarise the medical gas pipeline systems ‘Permit to Work’ scheme
- Describe the main components associated with medical gas pipeline systems
HTM 02 recommends that refresher training is undertaken every three years:
Trained CPs with sufficient experience may consider becoming an Authorised Person:
Eastwood Park Training Centre
Accommodation on-site is available, please contact us for more information.
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website https://www.eastwoodparktraining.co.uk/courses/ Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more
Notes: Price/payment* Any existing promotion is not applicable, please book directly through us