Is this course for you?
This course is for those who intend to have a hands-on involvement or require greater practical skills to maintain, repair and fault find on medical gas equipment.
For Authorised persons this course will build upon the knowledge gained within the Authorised person course and enable the Authorised person to confidently assess Competent persons ability and monitor work carried out by contractors.
For Competent persons this course will build upon skills gained within the competent person course enabling them to carry out a range of tasks related to the medical gas plant and equipment
The course is of a purely practical nature and as such ONLY those who have completed an Authorised person or Competent person course (provided by any training provider) will be accepted.
Learners will develop practical skills and additional knowledge required for the safe set up, operation, fault finding and maintenance of medical gas plant and pipe work systems to HTM 02-01.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Apply all relevant safety procedures when working on medical gas pipeline systems and identify potentially hazardous practices and situations.
- Demonstrate the operation of the ‘Permit to Work’ system on a live medical gas pipeline systems by performing all duties of an Authorised Person and competent person as defined in HTM 02.
- Detail and apply the operational parameters of medical gas systems and be able to set up medical gas systems to operate to the correct parameters.
- Carry out the operational checks required for medical gas systems.
- Carry out repair and service tasks on medical gas plant (Manifolds, Medical air plant, Vacuum plant)
- Carry out repair and service tasks on pipeline components (LVA, AVSU,s Terminal units etc)
- Correctly calibrate pressure switches and set up alarm systems.
- Carry out the engineering tests relevant to the commissioning, refurbishing and /or repair of medical gas pipeline systems and plant.
You must have a sound understanding of medical gas systems, having either successfully completed an Authorised person or Competent Person MGPS course.
Eastwood Park Training Centre
Accommodation on-site is available, please contact us for more information.
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website. https://www.eastwoodparktraining.co.uk/courses/
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.
NOTES: Price/payment* Any existing promotion is not applicable, please book directly through us.