Is this course for you?
This course is for electricians and electrical technicians who carry out remedial work following reactive maintenance and alterations, or additions to existing electrical circuits.
It will also be of interest to the supervisors of electrical operatives.
To provide learners with the skills and knowledge to carry out inspection and testing following electrical work of a minor nature.
To allow learners to confirm whether the electrical installation is safe to be put into service following the completion of work and to complete the Minor Works Certificate.
- State which documents require the inspecting and testing to be carried out following electrical work
- Define the difference between statutory and non-statutory documents and provide examples of each
- State the dangers associated with electricity
- Demonstrate the safe isolation of an electrical circuit
- Identify the reasons why inspection and testing is required
- State examples of work which is classified as ‘Minor Work’
- Identify the necessary inspections to be carried out during and on completion of the work
- Evaluate inspected work and compare with relevant criteria provided in best practice guidance
- Identify the necessary tests to be carried out during and on completion of the work
- Evaluate test results and compare with relevant criteria provided in best practice guidance
- Determine whether results are satisfactory or unsatisfactory
- Complete a Minor Works Certificate.
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website.
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.
Price/payment* Any existing promotion is not applicable, please book directly through us