Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at nurses and healthcare staff who administer medical gases to patients.
The course will provide learners with the knowledge and skills required by the HSE and HTM 02-01 to use medical gases safely and correctly.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify medical gases, associated hazards and the necessary precautions
- Understand and identify different types of medical gases and their uses
- Correctly and safely use medical gas cylinders
- Use flow meters and understand describe the nurses role in the use of the piped medical gas system
- Define what to do in an emergency situation and the correct response to alarms
- Understand and carry out the responsibilities of the DNO/DMO when using a permit to work for the isolation of medical gases
At your site
Training provided at your site for up to 15 learners maximum per 3 hr session; two sessions can be carried out per day.
Accommodation on-site is available, please contact us for more information.
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website. https://www.eastwoodparktraining.co.uk/
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.
HTM 02-01 recommends that nursing staff undertake refresher training every year.
NOTES : Price/payment* Any existing promotion is not applicable, please book directly through us.