Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at hospital porters who handle medical gas cylinders.
The course provides learners with the knowledge and skills required by the HSE and HTM 02-01 to use medical gases safely and correctly.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify medical gases, associated hazards and the necessary precautions
- Identify different types of medical gases and their uses
- Carry out safe handling of cylinders
- Correctly and safely use medical gas cylinders including changing cylinders on manifolds
- Define the requirements of the permit to work system
- Define what to do in an emergency situation and the correct response to alarms
At your site
Training can be provided at your site for up to 8 learners per 3-hour session. Two sessions can be carried out per day. A suitable training room and access to the manifold room is required.
Accommodation on-site is available, please contact us for more information.
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website. https://www.eastwoodparktraining.co.uk/
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.
HTM 02-01 recommends that Designated Porters carry our refresher training every year.
NOTES : Price/payment* Any existing promotion is not applicable, please book directly through us.