Eastwood Park is one of only two organisations in the country to deliver this training which ensures the continued competence of quality controllers of medical gas pipeline systems.
Is this course for you?
This course is for existing Quality Controller (MGPS) Pharmacists who are currently on the national QC register and who require medical gas CPD and assessment for re-registration on the UK national register.
The course is activity-based, involving both table top exercises and hands on practical. Sharing experiences is a key part of the learning process.
How often should I complete this refresher training?
Quality Controller retraining and reassessment should be carried out at regular intervals. The recommended interval for refresher training is every 5 years.
The course will refresh skills and competencies to meet the criteria of both HTM 02-01 and the NHS Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance Committee.
Upon completion of a practical assessment and exam, this course enables learners to be re-registered onto the Quality Controller (MGPS) register.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify hazards of Medical gases and the necessary precautions.
- Identify and understand the components which make up a medical gas system to HTM 02-01
- Describe the correct method of cylinder management.
- Complete permit to work forms and define the role of the QC in the PTW process
- Operate medical gas test equipment (particulate filter, dew point, oil mist and gas analysers)
- Carry out quarterly testing of manufactured gases.
- Carry out the Pharmaceutical testing as HTM 02-01 standards on newly installed pipework. Including problem solving.
Please bring your own test equipment so we can compare findings when carrying out practical gas testing exercises.
Accommodation on-site is available, please contact us for more information.
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website. https://www.eastwoodparktraining.co.uk/
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.
The course meets the requirements of NHS Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance Committee. For clarification on the registration process please contact Lynn Morrison or Tim Sizer.
NOTES : Price/payment* Any existing promotion is not applicable, please book directly through us.