Is this course for you?
This course for lift release wardens who require a refresh and have completed a full release of trapped passenger training course around 12 months ago. You may be asked to provide proof of this when booking. Please note the full course must be completed every 3 years.
How often should I complete this refresher training?
HTM 08-02 states that staff nominated to carry out the release of trapped passengers should undertake refresher training every 12 months.
Learners must have attended a full Release of Trapped passengers course within the previous 3 years. If this requirement is not met delegates will not be permitted to undertake this course.
The full release of trapped passengers course should be completed every 3 years.
To provide learners with an update on the skills and knowledge required to carry out the release of trapped passengers from lift installations in a safe and responsible manner.
The courses follows the basic principles for the manual release of trapped passengers that applies to all electric traction (including MRLs) and hydraulic lift installations with the power isolated.
It is based around current legislation including British Standards 5655 and 7255, BSEN81 parts 1, 2 and 3, SAFED guidance and HTM 08-02.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- State the relevant current standards and legislation concerning lifts.
- State the electrical and mechanical safety features, aspects and safe working procedures with respect to; electrical equipment; electrical equipment; rotating machinery; safety of personnel and releasing passengers from electric and hydraulic lifts
- Carry out a risk assessment in the lift motor room and at landings.
- Correctly release passengers from a lift safely, confidently, and with the minimum amount of disruption.
- Determine when the escalation procedure should be applied
This course is normally run at a customer’s premises.
It is largely practical, with some classroom and assessment work. Due to the practical nature of the course, learners should bring a pair of overalls.
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website.https://www.eastwoodparktraining.co.uk/
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.
This is a City & Guilds Assured course.