The course will provide an excellent foundation for medical engineering staff who are involved in the servicing and maintenance of both Anaesthesia and ventilation equipment in hospitals.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Medical Gas
- Introduction to Anaesthesia and Lung Ventilation
- Gases used in Anaesthesia
- Anaesthesia Machine Safety
- Principles of Ventilation
- Ventilator Parameters
- Ventilation Modes
- Safety testing and performance testing
To provide the knowledge and skills to perform maintenance and servicing of a wide range of Anaesthesia and ventilation equipment.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe human respiratory physiology and patient ventilation
- Differentiate the modes /types of mechanical ventilation
- Describe medical gas handling and safety, including the pipeline system
- Describe the requirement for anaesthesia
- Recognise hazards associated with the handling of anaesthesia agents
- Perform maintenance, safety testing and performance testing on a patient ventilator, anaesthetic equipment and its associated equipment using the appropriate test tools
Equipment used will include patient lung ventilation device management, medical gas hoses, medical gas systems and safety, theatre ventilators, ITU ventilators and breathing circuits.
Accommodation on-site is available, please contact us for more information.
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website. Our Courses – Eastwood Park Training
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.
Price/payment* Any existing promotion is not applicable, please book directly through us.