Who is it for?
Those involved with the maintenance and installation of steam systems and those wishing to obtain a maintenance based accreditation.
What is it about?
This course provides you with the basic knowledge and practical skills necessary to assess your competence and knowledge and is accredited through City & Guilds.
- Understand the fundamentals of steam systems
- Demonstrate good installation practices
- Demonstrate fault finding through practical experience
- Maintain steam traps, pressure reducing valves, condensate pumps and other ancillary equipment
- Have an understanding of basic boiler house maintenance – Feedwater treatment and burners
What is covered
- Steam Fundamentals
- Steam Generation
- Tour of boilerhouse
- Water treatment
- Steam distribution
- Pressure reduction including installation, safety valves and fault diagnosis
- Safety practices
- Practical: Pressure Reducing Valves
- Air venting and steam trapping
- Steam trap checking
- Practical: Steam trap assembly and test
- Practical: Steam trap set selection and build
- Condensate recovery including fault diagnosis on pump skids
- Written examination
- Formal practicals
City & Guilds Accredited Certificate: Steam Plant Maintenance
Format of course
Classroom-based including practicals. This course is assessed by multiple-choice test papers and practical assessment. This Spirax Sarco course is accredited by The City & Guilds Group. Delegates will take practice tests and a written exam as part of the course.