|IRIC||Incident Reporting & Investigation Centre|
NHS Incidents and alerts Safety Officers
|Outlook tags||IRICSW$i0 (safety alert – general), IRICSW$i6 (customer alert notice)|
|Subject:||BD BodyGuard MicroSets | Ref. MMS-23-4678|
The attached Customer Alert Notice (CAN) has been published by the National Distribution Centre (NDC). It has been cascaded to relevant personal for action and this message is sent to you for information only.
Onward distributionThere is no requirement for onward distribution although we recommend that you log this alert in your safety alert governance system.
This message is sent to make you aware of the NDC publication and any enquiries should be raised with them directly at email@example.com.
Incidents and near-misses should always be reported to local incident management systems (often referred to as Datix, Ullyses, SHE, etc.). However, IRIC also needs to be informed about incidents and near-misses when they involve:
- Medical devices (e.g. infusion pump, central line, hoist, care bed, x-ray machine, ventilator)
- In vitro diagnostic devices or IVDs (e.g. blood analyser, reagent, SARS-CoV-2 test kit)
- Estates and facilities (e.g. electrical installations, window restrictors, nurse call systems)
- Social care equipment (e.g. mobile wheeled commode, powered rise and recline chair)
- Personal protective equipment or PPE (e.g. visors, FFP3 respirators, aprons)
We need incident reports so we can work with manufacturers and our partners to stop the same thing happening again. Health and care professionals can also report safety concerns about equipment and devices when an incident or near-miss has yet to occur. Information about how to report an incident to IRIC can be found here: https://www.nss.nhs.scot/health-facilities/incidents-and-alerts/report-an-incident/
Incident Reporting & Investigation Centre (IRIC)
Health Facilities Scotland
NHS National Services Scotland
IRIC Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpline 0131 275 7575
Please consider the environment before printing this email.
NHS National Services Scotland is the common name for the Common Services Agency for the Scottish Health Service. www.nhsnss.org
FAC406-281, 7D(vii), Rev 3