Gain an insightful understanding of closed water systems with our 1-day water hygiene awareness course.
This comprehensive course covers a wide range of technical and legal guidance including Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Building Services Research Information Association (BSRIA) and British Standards.
Further to this, our comprehensive course provides you with the essential background knowledge needed to work on closed water systems along with their requirements and functions.
Who is the course aimed at?
Our course has been designed for a range of job roles including facilities managers, water treatment engineers/technicians, landlords, maintenance staff and contractors. This course will support all roles which have responsibility for the installation, maintenance and monitoring of commercial and industrial closed water systems.
Key Learning Objectives
- Closed water systems; types, function and requirements
- Legal aspect – relevant statute documents
- Technical guidance documents – HSE guidance document, BSRIA guides and BS guides
- Types of closed water systems: Low to high pressure-temperature systems – closed condenser water systems, chilled water systems and closed-loop systems
- Aspects affecting closed water systems – Types of pipework used and corrosion issues caused by chemicals and bacteria
- Water treatment chemicals
- Water analysis and recording processes
- Written course assessment
This course is run over 1 days.