This Competent Person Confined Spaces training course is designed to meet the essential requirements of safe working in confined spaces required by the Confined Spaces Regulations 1997. Approved Code of Practice, Regulations and Guidance (L101) JSP375, Volume 3, Chapter 6 and Procedures for Confined Spaces.
Who is this course for?
Primarily this is aimed at operatives who require training for entry into Medium Risk Confined Spaces where the use of continuous gas monitoring and Escape Breathing Apparatus (EBA) is required as part of a control measure based on a risk assessment. The confined space will have been assessed as safe to enter and to work in, but atmospheric conditions may change due to the nature of the space or work being carried out. There is a requirement to appoint a person in charge and have specific emergency arrangements in place.
- Health and safety legislation
- Identifying and classifying confined spaces
- Hazards and risks associated with confined space working
- Problem atmospheres (gases and gas monitoring)
- Work team roles and duties. First aid, medical and training requirements
- Introduction to Confined Space equipment and escape breathing apparatus (EBA)
- Use of Confined Space equipment and practical entry and exit with EBA
- A self-certification fitness questionnaire is to be completed
This course is run over 2 days.
Self-certification for entry into confined spaces and wearing breathing apparatus will need to be completed on the course, You will require PPE including boots, overalls and hard hat