This 3 day City & Guilds accredited course has been developed to provide the necessary information to understand the core duties and responsibilities of the nominated Competent Person (Ventilation) as detailed within HTM 03-01. The course will provide awareness of the different types of ventilation and air-conditioning systems, their component parts and typical layout that conform to healthcare applications. The course will identify the inspection, operation and maintenance activities required and are carried out safety without hazard to staff, patients or members of the public.
Those required to inspect, verify or maintain ventilation equipment will need to show that they are competent to do so. As a minimum they should have sufficient knowledge of its correct operation to be able to recognise faults.
Who is this course for?
This course has been developed for operations managers technical staff and consultants who require an understanding of how to operate and maintain specialised ventilation systems in healthcare premises.
- Types and purposes of ventilation systems LEVs, split systems air handling units-advantages, disadvantages, principal components and the criteria for determining the appropriate ventilation rates
- List statutory comfort standards requirements and sources of Department of Health and Industry guidance
- Identifying the need for and probable location of smoke and fire dampers, function, pressure stabilisation methods
- Identifying the essential components of an air conditioning system
- Identifying appropriate filter grades for given applications primary, secondary, ULPA and HEPA systems, their function, appropriate use and change criteria
- Understand the need for humidification and de-humidification, types of humidifiers, typical problems associated with humidifiers and how to overcome them
- Anti-legionella precautions within ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Describe the function of control systems within ventilation systems
- Carry out AHU audits and identify construction and maintenance issues
- Verify critical system airflow and pressures
- Permit to work system
This course is run over 3 days.
Everything you require for this course is provided