Our City and Guilds accredited Dental Air and Vacuum Systems (DAVS) course provides a
detailed overview of the managing documents HTM02-01 and HTM2022 Supplement 1.
The course will cover all the knowledge that is required to work on and manage a Dental Air
and Vacuum System (DAVS).
It will specifically cover legislation, installation, maintenance, and management of the systems,
as well as compliance with the requirements of HTM 02-01 and HTM 2022 Supplement 1. The
course has both theory and practical elements with a scenario and examination at the end.
Those who attend and successfully complete the course and pass the examination will receive
a City & Guild accredited certification of achievement.
Who is the course aimed at?
The course is designed for healthcare/estates/private facilities that work with Dental Air or
Vacuum systems, or the management, maintenance, or installation of these systems.
You must have a professional level of understanding and knowledge to be involved with a
DAVS system; this course will enable you to achieve this.
This qualification is a requirement for those responsible for or working on a DAVS system
Key Learning Areas
• Introduction to Medical Gases
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• General Principles of Dental Air and Dental Vacuum
• History of Dentistry and Air Compressors
• Management Responsibilities and Guidelines
• Regulations and Legal Responsibilities in line with CQC, HSE, HTM 2022 Supplement 1, PSSR and
• Statutory Requirements
• System Design and Operational Procedures
• Permits to Work
• Modification of Existing Dental Air Systems
• Commissioning (Validation and Verification)
• An overview of Electrical supply requirements
• Practical Demonstration
York and Slough
2 day training course