This City & Guilds Accredited course will enable you to gain a basic knowledge of mechanical principles and concepts, as well as an understanding of mechanical plant operation and isolation requirements of plant and pressure systems.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at staff working within a Mechanical & Electrical environment who would benefit from increased awareness of mechanical principles and practices as part of their current role. It also provides a foundation course for those likely to undertake other mechanical courses.
Key Learning Objectives
- Key aspects of UK legislation
- Fundamental mechanical principles, including heat transfer, fuels and combustion
- Pumps, systems and components including valve types and heat exchangers
- Refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Pressure plant including steam
- Hot water plant and water treatment
- Compressed air plant and hydraulic systems
- Plant operating procedures – start-up and shut down
- Fire protection and shutdown systems associated with mechanical installations
- Maintenance strategies and procedures
York, Slough and Livingston
This course is run over 5 days.
Everything you require for this course is provided