This City & Guilds accredited course has been developed to assist delegates in gaining the knowledge required to carry-out design of emergency lighting systems to comply with BS5266. The training also covers the certification requirements, and the maintenance of emergency lighting systems in accordance with BS5266.
Who is the course aimed at?
This Escape Lighting training course is aimed at electrical staff who have responsibility for carrying out planned maintenance of emergency lighting installations at their place of work.
Key Learning Objectives
- Introduction to types of emergency lighting and requirements of BS5266
- Design of emergency lighting systems
- Risk assessment
- Commissioning requirements and measurement of performance
- Battery types and charging systems
- Maintenance and testing of installations in accordance with British standards
- Installation and certification
- Practical design exercise and measurement of lighting levels
York, Slough and On-site
This course is run over 2 days.
Everything for this course is provided for the course duration.
Background knowledge or experience working within an electrical role.