This City & Guilds course will provide you with the knowledge and practical skills required to work on the installation, service, maintenance, recovery and leakage checking of stationary refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump equipment with a charge of more than 3kg or 6kg (if hermetically sealed).
Who is this course for?
This is aimed at those working within the refrigeration and air-conditioning industry who need to meet the legal requirements for working with fluorinated gases, and other ozone depleting substances.
- Basic systems, principles and units and how they relate to theory and thermodynamics of vapour compression cycles and refrigerants
- Causes and effects of global warming and ozone depletion
- Identification of air conditioning and heat pump components, functions and leakage risk
- Hazards and safe working practices
- Construction and examination of pipe work
- Recovery of refrigerant and oil and prepare for disposal
- Pressure testing, evacuation and record completion
- Refrigerant charging, leak checking and record keeping
- Fabrication and fitting of mechanical and brazed joints
York, Slough and Livingston
This course is run over 5 days.
Photographic ID – This can be in the form of: Passport, Driving Licence, CSCS Card, Work ID Card, Trade Union Card, Proof of Age Card, PPE (a set of overalls for use during practical scenarios)