This City & Guilds accredited course incorporates the latest legislation, guidance and manufacturers standards to enable the surveying and routine testing of dampers within the healthcare environment. The course includes practical examples of what to expect with the typical fire & smoke damper installation in a variety of areas. Together the theory and practical elements will assist in compliance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order, HTM 05-02, BS9999 and site fire safety maintenance requirements. Upon completion, you will be issued with a City & Guilds accredited certificate of achievement.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course has been designed for healthcare/estates engineers and other personnel. The delegate will gain sufficient knowledge and information to conduct duties required by the RRO and within BS9999 and HTM 05-02, including the production of the associated inspection and test report. This will help in achieving compliance with all regulatory requirements and with following best practice in line with guidance documents.
Key Learning Areas
- Introduction to the associated legislation, industry guidance & specifications in relation to ventilation system fire safety
- A general understanding of the requirements of BESA guidance documents DW 144/145, TR19 and DW172
- A general understanding of BS EN 9999 Code of practice for fire safety in the design, management and use of buildings
- The maintenance requirements of NHS HTM 05-02: Guidance in support of functional provisions for healthcare premises
- Installation requirements of fire and smoke dampers
- Identify defects in fire compartmentation associated with incorrect damper installation
- Test fire and smoke dampers to correct requirements within their respective environments
This course is run over 1 days.
Everything is provided for the course duration