This City & Guilds accredited course is aimed at providing delegates with the appropriate knowledge of the design, inspection and maintenance of fire doors within a healthcare environment. This is in accordance with the requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order, HTM 05-02/3, BS9999 and the respective fire door management system. This course also looks to introduce the principles of the ‘Golden Thread’ and its role within fire door safety. Upon completion, you will be issued with a City & Guilds accredited certificate of achievement.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course has been designed for healthcare/estates engineers and other personnel, who require a detailed level of understanding to ensure all fire doors are inspected correctly, maintaining compliance with all regulatory and guidance requirements.
Key Learning Areas
- Outline the regulatory requirements relating to fire doors
- Describe the key features of fire door design and manufacture
- Identify the correct methods of fire door installation
- Specify the compliance inspection requirements of both newly installed and existing fire doors
- Specify the ongoing functional inspection requirements of fire doors
- Identify issues that will affect the required performance of fire resisting door sets
- Creating a robust fire door management system
This course is run over 1 days.
Everything is provided for the course duration