This City & Guilds accredited course will enable you to gain an understanding of high voltage systems and equipment and also the safe systems of work involved in their control and operation.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at management staff who have responsibility for sites that contain high voltage electrical equipment. It is also suitable for engineers who wish to gain an understanding of high voltage systems. This course is also an ideal pilot course for those considering High Voltage Authorised Person courses.
Key Learning Objectives
– Introduction to high voltage distribution systems
– High voltage switchgear types and operation
– Substation equipment
– Low voltage distribution systems
– Requirements for the safe operation of high voltage systems
– Roles and duties of the Authorised Person
– Safe working procedures, HSG 85 or JSP 375 Volume 3 or company safety rules
– Completion of safety documentation
– Operation and isolation of high voltage systems
– Introduction to protection systems
– Maintenance procedures regarding high voltage assets
This course is run over 2 days.
Everything you require for this course is provided