This City & Guilds accredited course will enable you to gain the additional knowledge required to carry out inspection and maintenance of high voltage switchgear and associated systems.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at experienced staff such as Managers and Supervisors who have responsibility for the safety and maintenance of high voltage switchgear. It is particularly suitable for the High Voltage Competent Person and those who may be required to undertake inspection, maintenance and testing of high voltage equipment.
Key Learning Objectives
– Electricity at Work Regulations requirements for maintenance
– Recommendations for keeping electrical switchgear safe in accordance with HSG 230
– High voltage equipment including switchgear and protective devices
– Care and maintenance requirements for oil and non-oil circuit breakers
– Testing of earthing systems
– Maintenance of ancillary equipment
– Condition monitoring techniques
– Post maintenance checks including pressure testing
– Safe working procedures
– Practical exercises on high voltage assets
This course is run over 5 days.
Everything you require for this course is provided
Electrical background with high voltage switchgear experience desirable