This three-day City & Guilds accredited course has been developed to provide you with both the legal and technical knowledge needed to control Legionella within hot and cold-water systems in the healthcare environment. Throughout this course you will cover the statutory regulations that you will encounter when working within a healthcare environment, focusing on the Health Technical Memorandum 04-01: Safe water in healthcare premises (HTM 04-01), ACOP L8 and HSG274 Part 2. You will also gain a thorough understanding of water system designs, their inherent risks and the testing and control required to ensure your water systems are HTM 04-01 compliant.
Who is the course aimed at?
This Legionella control course has been designed for the healthcare environment and is appropriate for anyone who is involved in the management or the operation of hot and cold water systems.
Completion of this HTM 04-01 compliant Legionella course will ensure that you will have an understanding of the most up to date statutory regulations. In addition to the vital knowledge you will gain, this City & Guilds accredited certificate is formal recognition of your skills and knowledge.
Key Learning Objectives
- Legal issues, including statutory obligations
- ACOP L8 and HSG274 part 2
- HTM 04-01 Water Safety Group and Water Safety Plan
- The sources, risks and medical aspects of Legionellosis with reference to its occurrence, ecology and transmission routes
- The identification of susceptible areas within a healthcare water system including storage cisterns, calorifiers, terminal fittings and associated distributing pipework
- Recommended methods of system modification and design to minimise colonisation by reference to the Water Supply (Water Fitti
- Guidance on installation, and monitoring of thermostatic mixing valves
- Treatment and control programmes in accordance with HTM 04-01
- Water sampling methods and required actions
- Principles of disinfection
- Records, reports and logbooks
- Course assessments
York, Slough, and On-site
This course is run over 3 days.
Everything you require for this course is provided