By following this City & Guilds accredited course you will gain an understanding of the duties and responsibilities of the nominated “responsible person” for the supervision, effective implementation and management of legionella risk assessments, remedial work and management of water systems to comply with Health Technical Memorandum 04-01.
Who is the course aimed at?
For managers and staff who have responsibility within a healthcare environment to ensure adequate control measures are in place for the safe operation of hot and cold water systems.
Key Learning Objectives
- Legionellosis – background – medical aspects
- Legal implications
- ACOP and guidance on the control of legionella in water systems
- Implementation of the written scheme
- Water sampling and necessary actions
- Ensuring competency of staff, consultants and contractors
- Water systems disinfection requirements
- Management of logbook records
This course is run over 1 days.
There are no pre-requisite requirements to attend this course and everything is provided for the course duration