This City & Guilds course will equip you with the knowledge to commission, service and test thermostatic mixing valves in-line with legal and advisory guidelines (including HTM requirements for the healthcare sector).
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at those who are involved in the servicing and testing of Thermostatic Mixer Valves (TMVs).
Key Learning Objectives
- The background to general water systems safety
- Hot water systems and potential scalding hazards
- Legal and advisory documents including Health Technical Memorandum (HTM 04-01) requirements
- Point of use mixing
- Group centralised mixing
- Correct use and testing of digital thermometers
- Commissioning, servicing and testing of thermostatic valves with respect to the correct temperature and fail-safe testing
- Recording information
York, Slough, Livingston and On-site
This course is run over 1 days.
There are no pre-requisite requirements to attend this course and everything is provided for the course duration.