This City & Guilds accredited course is designed in accordance with the Health Technical Memorandum 04-01 Safe Water in Healthcare Premises (Part B Operational management) which states that adequate training in water hygiene should be provided for individuals (supervisors and managers, as well as operatives) who work on water distribution systems. As we understand that our training staff are a vital component of our training, all our remote learning courses are delivered live by one of our tutors through Zoom.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at maintenance technician/managers who are working on hot and cold water systems and require the relevant information to mitigate the risk of cross-contamination and ensure compliance with HTM 04-01.
Key Learning Objectives
- Organisational requirement in relation to water hygiene and safety
- Specific local control measures, policies and procedures
- Waterborne pathogens and their consequences
- How water systems, outlets, components and equipment can become contaminated
- Individual responsibilities in ensuring control measures are in place, effective and implemented
- Hygiene practices
- System design
- Disinfection and cleaning of fittings etc
- Storage of pipes, fittings and spare parts
- Online course assessment
This course is run over 1 day.