This City & Guilds accredited course is designed in accordance with the Health Technical Memorandum 04-01 Safe Water in Healthcare Premises (Part B Operational management) which states that adequate training in water hygiene should be provided for individuals (supervisors and managers, as well as operatives) who work on water distribution systems.
https://www.ppltraining.co.uk/training-course/legionella-water-hygiene/healthcare/water-hygiene-training-for-hospital-maintenance-staff-city-and-guilds-accredited-remote”We also offer this course as an online remote training course.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at maintenance technician/managers who are working on hot and cold water systems and require the relevant information to mitigate the risk of cross-contamination and ensure compliance with HTM 04-01.
Key Learning Objectives
- The organisational requirement in relation to water hygiene and safety
- Specific local control measures, policies and procedures
- Waterborne pathogens and their consequences
- How water systems, outlets, components and equipment can become contaminated
- Individual responsibilities in ensuring control measures are in place, effective and implemented
- Hygiene practices
- System design
- Disinfection and cleaning of fittings etc
- Storage of pipes, fittings and spare parts
- Course assessment
York, Slough, Livingston and On-site
This course is run over 1 days.
There are no pre-requisite requirements to attend this course and everything is provided for the course duration